We Respect and Keep Your Data Safe
Please refer to our Regency Specialist Hospital Personal Data Protection Notice at https://www.regencyspecialist.com/privacy-policy/.
If you have any concern, query or complaint about our personal data protection policies and practices, please contact:
Regency Specialist Hospital Sdn Bhd
(Company Reg. No.: 200701009172 (767174-W))
No. 1, Jalan Suria, Bandar Seri Alam, 81750 Masai, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia.
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Mobile Number: +6012 704 5778
If you do not agree to RSH’s Terms of Service and/or do not consent to such collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please do not access or use the Site.
Data Collection and Use
We collect and use your personal data to allow us to provide services via the Site to make your experience more secure and convenient. We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving these purposes.
If you choose to access and/or use the Site, we may require you to provide, including but not limited to:
- your name, age, date of birth, occupation, gender, mailing address, email address, details of your identification document(s), and mobile number; and
- billing information, such as credit card or online payment system account information.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect the aforementioned data directly from you when you access and use the Site, or when you contact us in connection with our products and/or services.
If you prefer not to provide your personal data to us, you may opt not to do so. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the firstname.lastname@example.org. Nonetheless, by denying the provision of your personal data, you may not be able to use some of the services on the Site that require submission of your personal data and/or be able to benefit from the services that we provide which may require such personal information.
We will collect, use and retain your data, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the Site, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal business operations.
We may also look across multiple users to identify problems, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you. We will use your financial information (including credit card information) to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for your use of the Site.
We may track certain information based upon your behaviour on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular. This information may include your IP address and your physical location.
Use of Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- opening and maintaining your account with us;
- verifying that you are a unique user of the Site;
- providing you with information or products or services that you have requested;
- providing you with our products and services, and customising our products and services to you;
- processing fees for any transactions relating to any other products purchased or used by you, any refund of payment and/or any recovery of monies owed by you (whichever applicable);
- notifying you about changes to our products;
- improving the Site and ensuring that the content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- administering the Site, including internal operations such as trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- keeping the Site safe and secure;
- responding to your queries, requests or feedback;
- enforcing our terms, conditions and policies;
- completing our customer screening and identity verification process including checks in relation to fraud detection and prevention, anti-money laundering, know-your-client and the countering of the financing of terrorism;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions or illegal activities;
- aggregating data into anonymised statistical data, which we will use for statistical analysis so that we can improve our service offering to serve you better; and
- any other purposes that we may notify you from time to time.
Sharing with and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- when we obtain your permission;
- when we find it necessary to disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries and/or affiliates in order to respond to your queries, requests or feedback;
- when we find it necessary to disclose information to third-party service provider(s), in order to provide the products or services indicated to you. The services performed by the third-party service provider(s) may include, without limitation, sending you emails or postal mails, providing user support, arranging for deliveries, or any other service which we deem necessary in order to provide the products or services indicated to you;
- when we find it necessary to disclose information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger or acquisition, restructuring, reorganisation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the RSH’s assets, in which your personal data maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred; and
- when we find it necessary to disclose information to our legal advisors or other professional advisors, or as otherwise authorised or required by law.
For the purposes of disclosure of your personal data in paragraph above, whenever applicable, RSH shall not integrate the Site with any third party’s application(s) unless you grant RSH access to the said third party’s application(s). If you grant RSH access to the third party’s application(s), you are deemed to have consented to the disclosure or transfer of your personal data collected by RSH to such third party, in response to requests made by such third party. Conversely, RSH may access your data collected by and stored in the third party’s database, if any. RSH shall not disclose or transfer your data collected from the third party’s database to any other third party unless RSH has obtained your prior consent. For the avoidance of doubt, RSH is in no way responsible for the protection of your data (including personal data) that is stored within the third party’s database. You and the third party are solely responsible for the protection of such data. Please therefore review the applicable data protection policies and procedures before integrating the Site with the third party’s application(s).
We also reserve the right to share your personal data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual or corporate entity. Further, we reserve the right to disclose personal data, as is necessary, to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us to legal liability.
As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers (including any third party service provider which hosts or manages data from the Site, credit, debit and charge card companies, banks or other entities processing payment instructions given by you through the Site, lawyers, auditors, any other agents or subcontractors acting for and on our behalf), and/or government or regulatory authorities (including the Ministry of Health of Malaysia), whether within or outside of Malaysia, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our Services, and/or where required by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.
Your privacy is important to us. We have put in place reasonable security arrangements (which shall at least be equivalent to industry standard practices) to protect your privacy and personal data, in such manner and to such extent as we deem reasonably appropriate in our sole discretion to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, there is no such thing as “perfect security” and we do not guarantee in any way, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private and/or safe from any abuse or misuse by third parties.
RSH’s employees, independent contractors and/or agents are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal data held by RSH as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal data.
Each of RSH and its affiliates, related companies, and third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent or warrant that there will not be, and hereby disclaim any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by any of the aforesaid entities or persons.
Accessing and Updating your Data
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). We require your assistance to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete. As such, please inform us of any changes to your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any personal data that you provide for RSH’s use, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Where permitted by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances and where permitted by the applicable laws, we reserve the right to deny you access to your personal data and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws.
We will not provide information under the access requirement for:
- opinion data kept solely for an evaluative purpose;
- any examination, examination scripts and, prior to the release of examination results, examination results;
- the personal data of the beneficiaries of a private trust kept solely for the purpose of administering the trust;
- personal data kept by an arbitral institution or a mediation centre solely for the purposes of arbitration or mediation proceedings administered by the arbitral institution or mediation centre;
- documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- personal Data subject to legal privilege;
- personal Data which, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of the organisation;
- personal Data collected, used or disclosed without consent pursuant to the exemptions in the PDPA, for the purposes of an investigation if the investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed;
- the personal data was collected or created by a mediator or arbitrator in the conduct of a mediation or arbitration for which he was appointed to act —
- under a collective agreement or by agreement between the parties to the mediation or arbitration;
- under any written law; or
- by a court, arbitral institution or mediation centre.
- any request:-
- That would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the organisation because of the repetitious or systematic nature of the requests;
- If the burden or expense of providing access would be unreasonable to the organisation or disproportionate to the individual’s interests;
- For information that does not exist or cannot be found;
- For information that is trivial; and
- That is otherwise frivolous or vexatious.
- Personal Data or other information shall not be provided to an individual if the provision of that Personal Data or information could reasonably be expected to:
- Threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the individual who made the request;
- Cause immediate or grave harm to the safety or to the physical or mental health of the individual who made the request;
- Reveal Personal Data about another individual;
- Reveal the identity of an individual who has provided Personal Data about another individual and the individual providing the Personal Data does not consent to the disclosure of his/her identity; or be contrary to national interest.
- If Personal Data has been disclosed to a prescribed law enforcement agency without the consent of the individual or pursuant to the exemptions in the PDPA, we shall not be required to inform the individual of such disclosure.
Social Sharing Feature and links to other websites